Saturday, April 12, 2014

Material things

The weirdest thing just happened to me... I was about to sit down and write my post today but my phone just rang and it was my dad. I dont really remember when the last time it was that I spoke to him was but... I dont know, our conversations never really do last longer than a few seconds anyways. And of course, today was no different than the usual, except he did sound different. My dad just sounded really down.

I must admit, I am a bad daughter, I dont usually care about how he is doing and when he does call, all I am thinking are the ways I can get off the phone as quickly and painlessly as possible. But today, something was off... and well, our conversation went something like this...

Me: Hello
Dad: Hey mi tutito (my nickname), how are you doing? (Already I knew something was off... I dont know how to explain it, I just knew)
Me: Im doing good just sitting here enjoying my chair, Im tired.
Dad: Thats nice, I'll let you rest now.
Me: Dad, how are you doing?
Dad: Not too well. Well it was nice talking. Take care (and he hangs up the phone)

Yeah, that was it. Our conversation lasted a few seconds long and that was it. I am worried but there is nothing much I can do about it. I cant call him back, I dont know where to reach him. Yeah... funny father/daughter relationship we got going here...

Anyways... Ive had a nice day. The youth in our church had a garage sale today. We were there really early in the morning. Some even started at 6:30am to help set things out for the crowd that would be arriving at 8am.

I got tons of things, honestly, it was the coolest garage sale i have ever been too. I scored these puppies for 0.25$ (the lot)!!! Can you imagine that?! I mean... Im sooo excited!!! I got tons of things!!!! :)


We also had the visit of one of Belbo's friends. We had her from 8am until 7pm. She turned out to be real sweet and it was a really nice visit, I think the girls are talking about having a sleepover soon too. Im glad they had fun :)

I am tired now. It has been a real busy day. I got to make a new friend and she came over after the garage sale and hung out for a couple of hours and then i got a call from another friend and it was nice... we talked long. I havent been so social in years!

Well... Im glad I am home alone, with the kids... Soon they go to bed and I take my long bath and enjoy time alone with my thoughts of people and things I love.

Ha... maybe ill make some time and go wanelo-ing for a little bit :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to be social. I'm not so much of a social person myself anymore. Is that what happens when you get older?! Glad you found something at the sale - exciting!

    ReplyDelete